Micro-Cameras & Space Exploration SA (MCSE) develops since more than 20 years specific systems in the field of scientific instrumentation for space exploration and has been selected for the development of imaging systems in several ESA missions, like PROBA 1 and 2, SMART-1, Rosetta, MarsExpress/Beagle2, Sentinel 1a, BepiColombo, JUICE, Biomass, and also onboard the International Space Station.
MCSE has developed an extensive experience in the following fields:
- Assessment and test of new technologies for space exploration (several projects for ESA);
- Development of imaging systems for planetary missions (Rosetta, MarsExpress/Beagle2, SMART-1, BepiColombo, Exomars);
- EO demonstration missions (PROBA 1 & 2) and onboard the ISS (CEA/CNES Andromede/LSO experiment);
- Satellite monitoring camera systems (Sentinel 1a, BepiColombo, JUICE, Biomass);
- Development of electronics for space missions (SMART-1, PROBA 2, ASTRO-H);
- Control and processing units (Very Low Power Data Processing System, Imaging Processing Unit);
- R&D activities on micro-cameras based systems (stereo benches, photogrammetry systems, contamination monitoring in harsh environment, spacecraft monitoring, navigation support);
- Specialization in low mass, low power consumption and harsh environment electronics.
Combining a system approach (electronics, optics, mechanics, software and test) with low mass, low power consumption and harsh environment as drivers, and a large experience in end-to-end developments, MCSE is able to provide custom solutions to fulfill various imaging systems and control units requirements.